Monday, January 11, 2010

stick with it

Ever notice how breaking a habit or negative pattern in your life is NEVER as easy as starting said behavior?
Two weeks ago I decided I would try to do two things - blogging and lose some weight. I have successfully written 5 times on this blog since then and I am happy to report I am down 10lbs. since starting on Dec. 28.

The blogging is a little more of a challenge because I have to not only find time to sit and type something, but I also have to figure out a topic. The weight loss has been a very different kind of challenge.

My bride found this website a little over two weeks ago that helps you figure out how to lose some weight. You plug in your current weight, target weight, gender, age and how many times a week you work out. The calculator then gives you a target date for your weight loss to be achieved. I plugged in my info and was told I would be down to the target weight by April 6, 2010. The site told me i could eat 1800 calories a day for maximum fat burn, 2100 calories for some fat burn and 2700 calories to maintain weight. I then downloaded a app for my Crackberry that counts calories taken in through food and calories burned for every activity in a day. according to the app this morning, i am averaging under 1800 calories a day, and have a net calories difference the last ten days of -16580. you know what that means? it means I am hungry every day, have headaches and want to eat everything in sight. i would love nothing more than to eat everything i prefer everyday. but instead i have been eating malt-o-meal or a homemade egg mcmuffin for breakfast, a protein bar for snack and lunch and then trying to make the best choice possible when eating out with my colleagues each week night.



I miss burgers, french fries, fried chicken fingers, honey mustard, ranch, pizza with sausage and pepperoni and peanut M&M's just to name a few things. I don't like tough choices when it comes to food. But if you want results, you have to make tough choices.

It's like life. when you have to make changes for the betterment of your life, you have to sell out to the idea and be fully committed. you can't make wholesale changes with a half-hearted attitude. Trust me, i am the king of excuses and procrastination, just ask my bride or my parents. but this last two weeks has been out of the norm for me. The question i face everyday is "will i make the right choice?" That question isn't just for food. It's the question we all face when there is a decision to make.

May you see that the choices you make reflected the time and effort you put into making them. May you understand the easier choice may not always be the wise one.

No comments:

Post a Comment